Sunday, March 25, 2012

Blogging, huh.

Blogging is hard.

I learned that in high school when I first started blogging. Actually, I took a web design class and after knowing basic HTML started a web dynasty focused on the only thing I had to talk about, myself.


Incidentally, it became a problem choosing what is worth blogging about. I go on vacations, have birthdays, take showers, sleep, chew my nails—what justifies a blog post!? I have to remain consistent, but that just wasn't possible. So I decided to start a blog dedicated to my field of occupation and only wrote about my interest as it relates to me. After a few years I realized I was narcissistic writing that blog for myself, not caring for an audience.

In 2008 I was able to focus more on humor when I started a webcomic called Hysteria Syndrome. A few years later, after having been published in two periodicals, I retired the comic to focus on my major.


Now approaching 2k Facebook friends, creepers people come up to me (friends I never knew I had) and mention that they always read my Facebook statuses and find them very funny. I see potential for being more of an internet personality.


Others would complain that I post too much, too often. So I started a page for miscellaneous musings. That page turned into more of a Tumblr, with re-posted memes and unoriginal works. My statuses become more and more TL;DR as I go on, often humorous, tirades. I don't care to have a controversial blog. Something simple and enjoyable. That's what brings me here. And this is just the introduction.

I hope I can think of something to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment